Thursday 23 May 2013

You can do anything you want!

Hey everyone! 

How are you all? Sorry I haven't been blogging. Really busy lately, crunch time again :/. I miss all of you! So recently, I have decided to become a Highschool Biology, Science, Marine Studies teacher! I have come across this idea due to my breakdown I had in front of my biology teacher last term. I was so damn frustrated because I didn't know what the hell was being taught and I felt so vulnerable and inadequate. But she gave me a hug and told me that I can do it. That I can achieve anything I want. And with biology being my favourite subject, I really wanted to do well. 

So that afternoon I went home and went through all of my class notes and taught myself everything. 3 and 1/2 hours it took me. Then for the remaining two weeks before the 3 hr exam I studied about 13 and 1/2 hours, had tutoring with my teacher every morning, both lunch breaks and in the afternoon everyday for the last two weeks. I ended up passing the exam with a B+. I was ecstatic! Now this teacher helped me so much and I didn't have any friends last night because we all had a fall out. So I went to this teacher whenever I wanted. We chatted. She was now my friend. And I trusted her so much that one afternoon in tutoring I told her my whole life story. And nobody ever has heard that. 

So this teacher has made me want to become just like her. To help kids the way she has helped me. Now that it's mid-term, I'm struggling with our new assessment. I have to do a 10-15 minute speech on how biotechnology, such as stem cells, can cure my chosen topic which is Parkinson's Disease. But no. I'm not going to give up this time. I can do it. I will do it. I will pass with flying colours. Everyone. Don't ever give up. You can do whatever you stick your mind to. Stay happy. Keep doing what you do. 

Talk soon guys and girls.

Lots of love, 

Tish xoxo <3

By Tanisha Devene

No comments:

Post a Comment