Sunday 14 April 2013

A Fairy Godmother named Pinnacle

It is not often that I get to write creatively these days and I have found it to be something I genuinely miss. It has however given me a love and passion for words, especially those whimsical and wonderful, which I have never had before and with the inspiration and confidence I have been feeling I have the urge to make this as interesting as possible despite my usual eventless existence.

We can start with the Laptop. I placed my order about 2 weeks ago. An order made to procure a wondrous device. I had dreams about its technological majesty and simplistic grace, qualities which would enhance my studies and so greatly contrast my dismal jack-in-the-box with its whirring that seemed to build daily until, *POP*, the screen shone a disheartening blue every week or so. This magic little box was sure to come delicately delivered to my door, so instantly relaxing the strains and pressure of an intense university lifestyle.

Now I must admit it has been a while since I made the order and things have gone astray... Mix-up orders with Apple... successful delivery, to the wrong address... frustrations and tribulations which have led to me finally picking up my Parcel from the Depot tomorrow. I still feel as excited by the enterprise and ecstatic at the electric eagerness I feel coursing through my entire being. I am sure Cinderella wasn’t the first house the prince visited with those ridiculously specific slippers. Just as I am sure that life-changing moments are definitely worth the wait. This Laptop will change my life.



By Nicholas Tarpey

No comments:

Post a Comment